Last Updated: February 18, 2020
By visiting our Sites, or providing your personal information to us via any other means, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and processing of your Personal Information.
Privacy legislation in Canada defines “personal information” broadly as any information about an identifiable individual. In general, personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title or position, business, telephone or facsimile number.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- The types of personal information we may collect about you include your name and email address, and billing and account information.
- We collect, use and disclose personal information for the primary purpose of providing our clients with subscription services, including for the following purposes:
- establishing and managing client relationships;
- providing legal information subscription services;
- responding to inquiries;
- sending communications regarding service improvements and new products; and
- developing, maintaining, improving and managing Compliance Works and the Sites.
- If you receive promotional or marketing emails, you may opt out at any time, by emailing us at email@example.com or by clicking on an unsubscribe link. Please note that it may take us up to 30 days to remove your contact information from our marketing communications list.
Who we share your data with
We take reasonable steps to confirm that such third parties protect the confidentiality and security of the information we provide to them.
How we protect your data
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We store, use, and maintain your Personal Information using procedures designed to limit loss, unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Despite these measures, you acknowledge that Compliance Works cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
Our servers and our service providers may be located in the United States, Canada or other countries. Because of this, your Personal Information may be available to the U.S., Canadian or other government or its agencies under a lawful order made in that country. The laws of those countries may be less strict regarding your Personal Information than the laws where you live.
Lesha Van Der Bij
CEO, Compliance Works Inc.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your inquiry, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at:
112 Kent Street